What are goals, goals are things you want to accomplish in life in a timely manner. Separating what’s important from what’s irrelevant, or a distraction. , motivating yourself, and building self-confidence.
With the start of every new year comes new resolutions and personal goals. Set specific goals your goal must be clear and well-defined. Set measurable goals include dates. Set attainable goals. Make sure it’s possible to achieve the goals you set. Set relevant goals, and set time bound goals. Keep in mind that goals can look different depending on lifestyle and values and definition of success.
Why Goals are Important-
Goal setting is important because it helps you decide and focus on what’s really important for you. It also measures progress and helps you visualize your dreams. You have to know what you want to accomplish, in order to create a plan to get there. Think of goal setting as your car that will drive you to your desired destination. where ever you wanna go. Goal setting can help you in any area of your life from losing weight, buying a new home, to financial freedom. You name it, it can happen, go after your dream.
How to set Goals-
What does goal setting mean to you? is it something you just jot down in your notebook and just leave it there. Will your goals transform your life in a way that you want them too ? Most people always wonder why they aren’t achieving their goals. A reason for that might be because your goals aren’t inspiring and exciting. You will put more time and energy into a goal that excites and motivates you to achieve that goal.
3 Goal Tips-
- Brainstorm– Give yourself sometime to write down anything you like to achieve, create, or do. Write as many things down that you can think of that you would like to accomplish write it down.
- Time– Go through your list and determine how long it will take you to achieve each goal, whether it is a year, 5 years, or 10 years. Write the year under each goal. Be realistic when assigning year estimates.
- Review– Review your list and go through each one of your goals. Choose your top three goals that you absolutely without a doubt want to achieve in a year, and write a paragraph next to each goal explaining why you want to achieve this goal and why it excites you the most.
3 Types of goals-
There are three types of goals outcome goals, process goals, and performance goals. Each of these goals differs on how much control we have over it. In my opinion, I believe that we have the most control over process goals and the least control over outcome goals.
Outcome goals are the results – what you want to achieve in the end. For example if you enter a competition you have other components that you are competing against and need to beat. Outcome goals are like winning a competition
The process goal is the behavior which are the strategies that will help you achieve these goals for example if you wanted to lose weight what would you do differently to achieve these goals.
- I will Exercise for 30 Minutes per day
- I will change my diet
- I will drink 3-4 liters of water everyday
- I will eat a salad everyday
The Performance goals set the standards which will perform our goals which is focused on the results you will achieve in the end. For example, I want to lose my stomach fat while they don’t tell you how to reach it. It’s up to you to figure out what works best for you
Why do we always wait for a new year to come, in order for us to start setting goals. It’s always what’s your New Years resolution and what goals do you plan on accomplishing this year. I believe that as you come up with a new goal that you want to complete you write it down in a journal and work on that goal little by little each day. Effective goal setting helps you stay focused, motivated, and holds you accountable for achieving your goals. You are the boss of your own dreams !